Jay Bilas Skills Camp Liability Release Form
To download a PDF of this Liability Release, please click here.
Jay Bilas Skills Camp
Liability and Image Release Form
For the purposes of this document, herein after referred to as “Release,” the party intending to participate in the Jay Bilas Skills Camp at Queens University of Charlotte facilities shall hereafter be referred to as “Participant.” Jay Bilas, Jay Bilas Skills Camp, Queens University of Charlotte, and their trustees, officers, employees and agents, acting within the course and scope of their duties, shall hereafter be referred to as “ the Camp.” The Jay Bilas Skills Camp that the Participant will participate in shall hereafter be referred to as the “Activity.”
Description of Activity: Jay Bilas Basketball Skills Camp at Queens Camp of Charlotte
1. Release, Waiver of Liability, and Assumption of Risk: In consideration of the opportunity afforded Participant to participate in the Activity at the Camp, Participant hereby releases and forever discharges the Camp from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from or in connection with the Activity. Participant understands that this Release discharges the Camp from any liability or claim that Participant may have against the Camp with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, property loss, or property damage that may result from participation in the Activity. Participant understands and acknowledges that potential risks to health and personal property may be associated with participation in the Activity, and Participant voluntarily assumes those risks.
2. Medical Treatment and Preexisting Medical Conditions: Participant hereby releases and forever discharges the Camp from any liabilities, claims, costs and damages that arise or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, medical treatment, or service rendered to Participant in connection with the Activity. Participant will take for herself or himself any appropriate precautions or medications to treat and/or reduce the likelihood of exacerbating any pre-existing health conditions, or insect, food or medication allergies.
3. NCAA Compliance: By signing below, Participant acknowledges that they have not knowingly participated in or become aware of any violation(s) of NCAA rules involving the Camp or individuals affiliated with or acting on behalf of the Camp. Participant’s signature below also indicates Participant’s agreement to immediately disclose to the Camp any NCAA rules violation(s) of which Participant becomes aware.
4. Other: This Release shall be binding and legally enforceable against Participant and Participant’s heirs, executors, administrators, and legal representatives. This Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina. In the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release.
5. I grant to the camp, its representatives, partners, and employees the right to take still or video images of me and my property in connection with the above-identified activity. I authorize the camp, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that the camp may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, social media, and Web content.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE.